The Mycological Society of Japan (MSJ) will endeavor to properly handle personal information from the perspective of protecting the privacy of those involved in MSJ.
- Collection of personal information
- MSJ collects personal information only to the extent necessary for the business purpose of MSJ. When collecting personal information, in principle, the purpose of collection and use shall be specified, and the provision of information shall be based on the consent of the provider.
- Use of personal information
- MSJ will use the collected personal information within the range of our business purposes.
- We will not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the provider, except for special reasons.
MSJ will only use personal information for the following purposes.
- Confirmation of identity, request for annual fees, notification of change / suspension / withdrawal of the membership, etc.
- Providing necessary information related to the operation of MSJ, such as notification of various activities such as the annual meeting, sending out election ballots, and mutual communication between members and/or committee members.
- Provision of information on the operation of MSJ and surveys related to the operation.
However, in any of the following cases, personal information may be used or disclosed for purposes other than the above.
- When based on laws and regulations.
- When there is consent of provider.
- When outsourcing all or a part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the business purpose of MSJ (for example, when the address etc. is notified to the outsourcing service of academic journals and administrative letters).
- When there is justifiable reason to achieve the business plan of MSJ.
- MSJ may commission some or all of the work. In that case, MSJ will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of the entrusted person (organization) so that the security of the personal information entrusted to the subcontractor can be managed.
- Management of personal information
- MSJ will endeavor to properly manage collected personal information so that it will not be leaked outside, destroyed, falsified, or lost. However, personal information that is disclosed by the third party or by the provider him/herself is not subject to the management of MSJ.
- Disclosure and correction of personal information
- When a request for disclosure of his/her own personal information is made from the provider, MSJ will disclose it without delay in principle. MSJ also corrects his/her own personal information upon request by the provider.
- Contact information